Monday, October 6, 2008

Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ, 'n meat loaf too


Pat and I attended the 2008 Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ Festival in Columbia last weekend with 130,000 of our music loving, BBQ snarfing friends. For two days, The District was transformed from a quiet coffee welcome mat for Mizzou's campus to a frothing sea of music maniacals.

Pat and I sampled BBQ from 57 stands, and danced to the tunes of these bands:
  • Aubrey and Lori Ghent
  • Record Collector
  • Roy C
  • Ruthie Foster
  • Primitive Soul
  • Gary Clark, Jr.
  • Tab Benoit
  • Music Maker Revue
  • Buddy Guy
  • Jerry Douglas Band
Pat and I wormed and weaseled and slid our way up front of every show, which so impressed the festival judges they awarded us the meat loaf guitar of merit for coolness above and beyond the call of duty. Boogying in the front row, Pat got "the smile" from Eddie Tigner, and I got a free CD for letting Mudcat accidental clock me on the side of my face with Adolphus Bell's guitar. That was awesome !?#*

Stay tuned for our festival video. While you wait, visit the videos and photos posted on the festival website.

3 comments :

  1. So you consider me a BBQ snarfer??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you've let dad start cooking again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have seen you boogie! And when are you making the BBQed meat loaf again?

    ReplyDelete