Friday, February 27, 2009

Objective assessments

Last night was the opening night for the True/False Film Fest 2009, which is the Sundance of documentary films. It is held right here in our home town. Oh, lucky us. We saw the first public showing of Mosque in Morgantown, which will be aired on PBS in June; Rise Up, which is set in Jamaica and full of great reggae music; and the world debut of October Country, which makes my own family look normal. Sorry mom.

Below, a musician entertains us before a movie.

The film maker of Rise Up answers our questions after the show.

Pat listened carefully to the comments of the co-writers/directors/producers of October Country.

Dorking around with my iPhone, I accidentally documented myself not paying attention. Regardless of the venue, some things never change.

In the next three days, we will see 14 more films. My eyes will be square by then.

No comments :

Post a Comment