Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Room 38

Last night, Pat and I enjoyed dining with our great friends Heidi and Jack at Room 38 Restaurant & Lounge. It's new and we wanted to do our part to help launch the restaurant. Normally, none of us would have eaten last night, but we chose to take one for the team, considering the economy and all. Here's what we sampled (Excuse the pix, please. Dim lightening, cell phone, wine and shaky photographer):

A cranberry, spring greens, unidentifiable nut and sleepy white cheese salad (not pictured).

Some kind of tuna something or another. This was pretty good, but the fire wasn't quite hot enough. I like the edge to get crisp before the center is warm.

A hummus and egg plant gooo with chips. Pat whined that the egg plant was masked by the hummus. I consider that a chef victory.

A steak with bleu cheese. I give that a thumb and a half up. And a couple different flat breads. Flatbread is just a gourmet way of saying, "This is my one and only thought about what to do with all this leftover pizza dough." The cheese did not show up to the party on this one. On the not pictured flatbread, a zippier cheese diverted attention from the unfortunate absence of meat.

Bacon wrapped shrimp with jalapeno zing . I could have eaten my weight in these. Uhmmm Uhm!

Shoestring fries, untied. Delicately crisp, but too thick by Jack's standards. I think he's the only one of us that had standards for shoe string fries.

Sweet potato fries. Like the company, these were awesome.

Lobster mac and cheese. This was my favorite. In fact, it was so good I am not finishing this blog post. I am bolting to order more!

For dessert, we went back to our house, sat around the fireplace, sipped decaf Sumatra fair trade coffee and munched Liege waffles smeared with Galler Noir 85. Oooh, that stuff is awesome. Claire sent it to us from Belgium for Christmas. It's the 25th somewhere, isn't it?

No comments :

Post a Comment