Sunday, January 25, 2009

Glenn's Cafe

Last night, we dined with Mark, Luke and Sandi at Glenn's Cafe in the historic Frederick Hotel. Luke was busy testing the comfort level of the lobby furniture. This bench rated a full yawn and three Zzzzzs.

For the 1478th consecutive dining experience, Mark ordered a pork chop. The fried okra looked good.

I ordered scallops. These buggers were as big as your fist and as fresh as a spring rain. Oooh la la, they were fantabulous.

Sandi ordered Shrimp Creole. It looked scrumpdillyumptious.

Luke was the most adventurous menu navigator. He ordered fried veal liver and onions. I encouraged him, because I wanted to see the look on his face when he took the first bite. Much to my disappointment, he liked it.

The evening was a prismatic illumination of fine dining with good friends.

3 comments :

  1. Mom ordered blackened red fish. I don't have a picture because the cafe got a redo, and by then the camera was put away and conversation had taken us elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment, too, was, "What, didn't you let Pat order anything? I'm glad to see that you did. The food looks delicious! Today Dad and I made home made noodles and cooked a chicken. Tomorrow after the noodles have dried, I'll cook them with the chicken, broth, seasonings, etc. I also made banana bread today with some bananas that were getting pretty ripe. Not a favorite for Lon, but Dad loves it.
    Be good. Love Ma

    ReplyDelete