Monday, March 9, 2009

BB Bo

My wonderful, trusty sidekick, Mr. Bojangles, gracefully tripped while jumping out of the back seat of my Pathfinder, crashing hard on his right front shoulder. He yelped a razor sharp, "Yiiipppeeee." Lying on the ground, holding his leg stiff and high, Bojangles pleaded, "Vet, vet." So I picked him  up, and Pat and I took Bo to the vet, where he got a thorough check-up. 

The only anomaly on the x-ray was a small bright spot. "What's that small bright spot?" I asked. 

"Why, that's a BB," said the vet. 

"A BB? Someone shot my dog?!?" 

"It happened a long time ago. We see dogs with BB's in them all of the time," chuckled the vet. Pat and I looked at each other, both too shocked  by the vet's flippancy to consider the exorbitance of the vet fee and the forthcoming BB Rebozo jokes.

2 comments :

  1. I called Joe and he said he got a baloon with a lunch box full of candy bars from you. I thought you could probably relate. He is having a lot of pain so I told him to keep harrassing the nurse until he got some good meds. Lora

    ReplyDelete