Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Most of this last week, temperatures were near zero degrees Fahrenheit and the windchill was -15 to -20. It was the coldest cold spell we have experienced since moving to Missouri in 2002. But Mother Nature's deep freeze was no match for Mr. Bojangles, who enjoyed hanging his head out my Pathfinder window as I drove 70 mph on I-70. I took this picture with my iPhone as I was driving. Do not try doing this yourself. I am a trained and experienced professional.

Even though I do most of my work on a laptop, I chose to work inside all week. The cabin is a warm fortress in the bitter cold.

Our lawn has transformed into an arctic tundra.

By noon today, the temperature pushed above 10 degrees F. The chickens took advantage of the heat wave to build a straw patio.

No comments :

Post a Comment