Thursday, November 19, 2009

Austin

I spent the last four days at a K-12 online learning conference in Austin, Texas. But mostly I ate barbeque. Below is a Stubbs Bar-B- Que Major, which is your choice of three meats and two sides. I gorged on pork ribs, beef brisket, smoked sausage, spud salad and pinto beans. I enjoyed this meal with Donna, Chris, Cheryl and Mike from IDLA, Jay from MIVHS, and Liz from VHS. We dined in the midst of a rock and roll fundraising event. The meal, conversation and ambiance were awesome.

This is the dessert served during the roundtable discussion luncheon. I'm gonna call it an apple pie round with blue berry buttons.

This is a picture of Marilyn and Rex, the master minds of Laurel Springs School, ordering a feast in Iron Works BBQ. Actually, I did not eat dinner with them. I interrupted their meal. I ate with Brian and Annie from Wimba, and happened into Marilyn and Rex. It was a fun surprise. I hope your wing heals soon, Rex. Brian and Annie, thanks for introducing me to the world's best brisket.

No comments :

Post a Comment