Sunday, November 8, 2009

Istanbul 6--the streets

With a city population over 12 million, metropolis population over 17 million, 3 million cars, trams, busses, hand carts, and tiny roads that are thousands of years old, the streets are packed with people all day every day. The entrance below will take you into a large indoor bazaar that connects with the spice market.

People, people, people.

Thousands of men make their living by pushing and pulling hand carts loaded with commercial goods on narrow streets where they compete with cars, busses and pedestrians for space.

No right turn. I wonder why.

This sign post is located in the heart of the Old City, near Suleymaniye Mosque. I don't know why I took the picture, and I have no clue why I am including it here, but there you go.

No comments :

Post a Comment